Leyland Furniture Scheme
Churches Together In Leyland
The Churches Together In Leyland Furniture Scheme offers practical help to our community by collecting donated pre-loved furniture and distributing it to those in need.
Providing outreach to the community, the scheme is inclusive and non-stigmatising and supports hundreds of people every year.
It is also providing a valuable environmental role by re-cycling the pre-loved furniture, preventing it from being sent to the local tip.
The van currently operates on Tuesday mornings and is run from the Community Centre at St Mary’s Church, Broadfield Drive.
For donations or requests, please :
- Use the enquiry form below or ..
- Call 01772 455955 << Please use this number shown to the left, the number 07709 050817 is for room hire bookings only .
Thank you so much for your past, present and future support.
How The Scheme Works
All furniture and electrical items are provided FREE OF CHARGE.
The scheme manager, delivery operatives and electrical equipment PAT testers are all volunteers who give their time freely.
The nature of the scheme means that it cannot provide an “on demand” service.
Ordering & Delivery Process
- Kind people donate items for reuse
- Donated items are kept in a small store (not a showroom) at St Mary’s Community Centre
- Requests are taken from members of the public for specific items they need
- These requests are then matched against availability by the scheme manager and scheduled for delivery if available in accordance with “waiting list” priority
- The delivery time from receiving a request to delivery could be between 1 and 6 weeks depending on the type of items requested and their availability
The Furniture Scheme has no income BUT does have fuel, maintenance and insurance expenses to fund to keep the scheme operational.
Voluntary donations of £20 per delivery are requested from people who have received furniture to enable the scheme to keep providing this valuable service to South Ribble residents.
Scope of Operations
Here is an outline, but not an exhaustive list of the type of items that the scheme collects from donors and redistributes to new homes.
Unfortunately, the furniture scheme cannot accept large items like 3 seater settees and big wardrobes.
If in doubt about an item you wish to donate, the furniture scheme manager will provide you with guidance – thank you.
Single, double and king size with or without mattress. Folding beds & Bunk beds
Static & recliner lounge chairs, 2 seater sofas, small suites
STORAGE & OCCASIONAL FURNITURE
Chests of Drawers, Sideboards, Small wardrobes, nest of tables, coffee tables, TV tables
DINING TABLES AND CHAIRS
WHITE GOODS NB please donate in working order only. All electrical goods are PAT tested before distribution to new homes.
Fridges, fridge freezers, washing machines, dryers, microwave cookers, kettles, toasters etc
Utensils, Pots, pans, plates, cups, bowls
Microwave cookers, kettles, toasters etc. NB please donate in working order only. All electrical goods are PAT tested before distribution to new homes.
TVs, radios, CD players etc
Please Get In Touch
Everyone Is Welcome
Local school children help spruce up the outside of the Community Centre.